Full Time - Laboratory Tech MLT/MT- $2500 Bonus
St. Vincent Hospital, located in Leadville, Colorado, is seeking a Full Time MLT or MT, to join our Laboratory team. St. Vincent Hospital is a Critical Care Facility serving Lake County and surrounding areas. Come work hard and play hard in our outdoor wonderland! For more information on the hospital, please visit our website at www.svghd.org .
General Summary of Position:
- Must follows laboratory policies and procedures to perform complex analyses using specific techniques, methods, and instrumentation.
- Must have knowledge of, and demonstrate appropriate judgment skills when performing procedures
- Must be able to recognize factors which directly affect procedures and results.
- Must monitor Quality Control programs, Proficiency Testing procedures, and Quality Assurance programs for the verification of quality, accurate, and timely clinical laboratory testing and reporting.
- Must have a positive attitude and foster a positive work environment.
- Team Player
- $2500 retention bonus upon completion of one year of employment
- Full time position includes excellent insurance benefits package: vision, dental, health, 403 (b), air med, and more!
- A great opportunity to enjoy the slopes and outdoor snow recreation in the heart of Ski Country, USA!
- Work with fellow staff who play hard and work hard!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND WORK ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be well versed in all areas of the clinical laboratory.
- Must perform Phlebotomy, prepare specimens for analysis, and follow instructions in procedure manuals.
- Notifies proper authority when patient results are critical or life threatening.
- Must exercise sound independent judgment in directing the performance of phlebotomy, with accountability if such procedures are not performed correctly.
- Records statistics, maintains files, posts results, documents QC results, verifies and calls abnormal results.
- Notes corrective actions taken when QC or patient results are out of range.
- Understands and performs inventory control, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and follows standard operating procedures.
- Trained to perform preventive maintenance and trouble shoot laboratory instrumentation.
- Must communicate any unresolved issues and situations to the Lab Director.
- Must be familiar enough with all laboratory disciplines to be able to temporarily assume the duties of Lead Technologist of any laboratory section.
- Observes standard precautions in drawing and handling laboratory specimens.
- Understands fire safety and other Environment of Care Policies and Procedures to respond to drills and emergencies effectively.
- Approaches patients in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Explains or answers patient questions concerning laboratory tests or procedures.
- Uses AIDET to help make patients less apprehensive.
- Demonstrates an ability to assess problems, consider alternatives, and choose an appropriate course of action.
- Uses ethical judgment and legal guidelines in the function of the laboratory.
- Respects and works well with others, inspires cooperation, and must be willing to perform extra duty when there are staffing challenges.
- Assists others without having to be asked, and coordinates work to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Makes every effort to report to work on time and utilize benefits in appropriate manner.
- Must give timely and proper notification in advance for absences.
- Must demonstrate and maintain a professional demeanor at all times, and follow St. Vincent General Hospitals standards of behavior.
- "On Call" required.
Minimum requirements for the job:
- Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Technician certification from a national recognized agency
- Associates or Baccalaureate degree in a science (Chemistry, Biology, Physics) or Medical Laboratory Technology
- Two years of experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Interested in applying? Email your resume, 3 professional references, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Achieve your personal and professional best in the rugged alpine setting and soaring mountain peaks of Leadville and Lake County, Colorado. This is where world–class athletes train and compete, vacationers seek adventure and families make lasting memories.
Combine small-town mountain life, bountiful outdoor recreation and western history, with the convenience that proximity to larger towns offers and you have a glimpse of daily life in Lake County, Colorado.
Located only 1 hour and 45 minutes from Denver, and a short distance south of Interstate-70 on Hwy. 91 (from Copper Mountain) or Hwy. 24 (from Vail), Leadville is within an easy drive of many of Colorado’s ski resorts.
St. Vincent Hospital, a critical access hospital, boasts competitive pay and benefits. A highly trained medical staff delivering medical services in the following areas: 24/7 Emergency Department and Ambulance, Acute Care, Primary Care Clinic, Laboratory, Radiology, Physical Therapy and visiting specialist clinics.
Learn more about St. Vincent Hospital at www.leadvillehospital.org.
To apply for this position please submit a Letter of Interest, Resume, at least 3 current professional references, salary history/requirements, copies of required certifications. Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org