Certified Medical Assistant/Certified Nursing Assistant
St. Vincent Hospital, a critical care facility and family practice clinic, located in Leadville, Colorado is seeking a full-time Certified Medical Assistant or Certified Nursing Assistant to work in our growing Medical Clinic. For more information on St. Vincent Hospital, please visit our website at www.svghd.org/careers.
Position Title: Certified Medical Assistant (MA)/Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Reports To: Clinic Manager
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) required.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant training program or CNA Program. Must show proof of Certification upon hire.
- Prior experience in a clinic environment preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) helpful.
This position provides a wide range of tasks including clinical and administrative work. The MA or CNA also provides assistance to the providers, while performing general check-up and giving necessary information to patients, regarding the operational procedures of the facility.
Duties of a Medical Assistant (MA)/Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Answers external/internal phone calls, transferring calls to the appropriate departments
- Coordinate patient appointments, according to the Physicians’ schedule
- Provides registration forms to the patient and receives all the necessary information, making sure that all forms are filled out
- Data entry tasks
- Filing and maintenance of medical records and documents
- Maintains financial records and performs accounting tasks
- Initiates/maintains correspondence with patients and insurance companies
- Obtains pre-authorizations and referral information when needed
- Explains facility procedures to visitors
- Maintains accurate records, expiration dates, etc.
- Orders medical supplies when necessary
- Gives injections
- Apply/change dressings
- Maintains health records of the patient, producing it, when necessary
- Know proper procedure for collecting test samples and preparing for send out to the lab
- Assists physician
- Maintains cleanliness of exam rooms and all equipment at all times
- Work without supervision and be able to exercise initiative and independent judgment. Be aware of limitations and where and when to seek further advice.
- Maintain good communication and liaison with other staff, departments and general public.
- Must abide by all Policies and Procedures that apply to St. Vincent Leadville Medical Clinic and St. Vincent General Hospital
- Must participate in staff and educational meetings
- Must perform other specified duties whenever assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- A medical assistant/certified nursing assistant must be able to promote a positive and cooperative work environment by communicating problems and workflow issues with the supervisors, and handling conflict in an appropriate manner. This person must also be able to respect the culture, values and opinions of others.
To apply for this position please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
- Current resume or St. Vincent Hospital Application (www.svghd.org/careers)
- Contact information for at minimum of 3 current professional references
- Copies of Certifications
Job Status: Full Time