Clinic and Hospitalist Family Nurse Practitioner - Leadville, CO
The Clinic/Hospitalist Family Nurse Practitioner position is a full-time position with St. Vincent Hospital and Medical Clinic in Leadville, Colorado.
The position is responsible for providing direct patient care and patient education as a provider. This care is in accordance with the accepted standards and protocols limited by training, experience and scope of practice of supervising/collaborating providers.
Required Education, Certificates, License, Registrations
- Masters Degree from an accredited school of nursing.
- Active RN Nursing License in state of practice or compact license.
- Board certification by either ANCC or AANP and must be unlimited and licensed under Colorado Board of Examiners or Colorado Board of Nursing and abide by all state rules and regulations.
- Must be APN authorized in state of practice.
- Prescriptive Authority required.
- Proficiency with medical instruments and other equipment required for work.
- Proficiency with electronic medical records systems as well as other computer based data systems.
- Maintains current: Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
- 5 years of experience in a family medical clinic preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes a comprehensive and accurate history and physical exam with supporting documentation relative to patient's condition.
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Coordinates care for patients using multi-disciplinary team.
- Provides instructions, education and counseling to patients and their families; including follow-up care upon release and referral to appropriate provider and/or agency, e.g. social services, police, etc.
- Documents/completes all charting; including appropriate charges based upon clinical treatment, medications administered, supplies used and services provided.
- Participates in Quality Management Activities, Chart Reviews and Medical Staff Meetings.
- Promotes St. Vincent Hospital's mission and follows hospital policy and procedures as they relate to the duties.
- Serves as a resource for patient care protocols in the emergent and clinic settings.
- Complies with the rules of the employee handbook and/or Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Attends seminars in order to remain current in education.
- Applies information learned during informative learning sessions and effectively teaches other pertinent information.
- Remains current with evidence based practice recommendations.
- Maintains confidentiality in all health information matters.
- Promotes good relationships with other hospital departments in order to achieve optimal working conditions.
- Serves as and conducts hospitalist activities during clinic hours, may require on-call.
- Rounds on inpatient and swing patients and collaborates with night time hospitalist coverage group to provide continuity of care.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingly accepts responsibility.
- Receives, evaluates and discusses suggestions and constructive criticism in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Willing to take on Women's health, ie. IUD, Nexplanon, etc
- Competent in caring for all patient populations, neonatal to geriatrics.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Verbal and written communications.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) helpful.
- Critical thinking and reasoning ability.
- Process of elimination.
- Data ordering.
- Appropriate application of policies, procedures, regulations and verbal instruction.
Required Clinical Skills (This is not a comprehensive list of all skills needed).
- Evaluation and treatment of various illnesses and ailments.
- Interpretation of blood work/lab values.
- Population and preventive care.
- Evaluation and interpretation of x-rays, EKG's and diagnostic tests.
- Debridement, suturing and care of wounds.
- Foreign body removal.
- l&D of abscess.
- Casting/Splinting application and removal.
- Arthrocentesis/joint injections.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work is 95% standing and walking with considerable stooping, bending and strain on back and legs.
- Ability to lift, transfer, and assist diverse patient including lifting and pushing weight in excess of 100 pounds, when lifting patients or moving equipment. Lifting may be frequent and repetitive throughout.
- Travel throughout facility including stairs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This position interacts with Medical Staff, Hospital Staff, patients and their families, and governmental agencies.
- Clinical setting with frequent exposure to communicable disease and infection and constant exposure to radiation, chemical and electrical hazards.
- Mental and physical stress is commonplace with very busy schedules often requiring extra hours and on-call time. Stress is also frequent due to patient and provider demands.
- Works with clinic and hospital inpatients.
- Call may be required.
Achieve your personal and professional best in the rugged alpine setting and soaring mountain peaks of Leadville and Lake County, Colorado. This is where world–class athletes train and compete, vacationers seek adventure and families make lasting memories.
Combine small-town mountain life, bountiful outdoor recreation and western history, with the convenience that proximity to larger towns offers and you have a glimpse of daily life in Lake County, Colorado.
Located only 1 hour and 45 minutes from Denver, and a short distance south of Interstate-70 on Hwy. 91 (from Copper Mountain) or Hwy. 24 (from Vail), Leadville is within an easy drive of many of Colorado’s ski resorts.
St. Vincent Hospital, a critical access Hospital, is managed by Centura Health, the region’s leading health network. This rural hospital boasts competitive pay and benefits. A highly trained medical staff delivering medical services in the following areas: 24/7 Emergency Department and Ambulance, Acute Care, Primary Care Clinic, Laboratory, Radiology, Physical Therapy and visiting specialist clinics.
Learn more about St. Vincent Hospital at www.leadvillehospital.org.
To apply for this position please submit: Letter of interest, Resume/Application, at least 3 current professional references, copies of required certifications to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.