Clinical Coordinator - ED RN
St. Vincent Hospital in Leadville, CO is now hiring a Clinical Coordinator in the Emergency Department.
· Responsible for directing the delivery of nursing, Nursing Assistant, and EMS in-hospital care with the EMS Supervisor within the Emergency Department and Acute Care Unit.
· Reports directly to the Chief Nursing Officer.
· Exercises considerable independent judgment to adapt and apply clinical standards of care and department guidelines to specific situations.
· Provides input into the budgetary planning process contributing to cost effectiveness of services and programs provided by the department.
· Works with the Nursing Educator to maintain the orientation, education and competency of all emergency services staff.
· Assists in recruitment, hiring, evaluation and retention of staff.
· Accomplishes performance improvement activities that provide improvements in clinical care and department performance.
· Ensures a positive patient/customer experience.
· Role models professional behaviors and attitude at all times and provides direct patient care as required.
· Maintain flexibility in work hours and working shifts as a staff nurse as needed and/or determined by budget.
· Develop and maintain quality indicators for the clinical units.
· May have other responsibilities as assigned.
· Flexible in work hours and working shifts as staff nurse as needed and/or determined by budget.
MINIMUM education requirements
· Graduate of Accredited School of Professional Nursing. BSN Preferred.
· BSN attainment within 3 years required.
· Current Colorado RN license required.
MINIMUM work experience requirements
· Minimum 4 years of experience in emergency services in a variety of settings.
· Minimum of 2 years leadership experience required.
· Current Colorado RN License / Current RN License from a participating state in National Licensure Compact.
· Current Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association.
· Current ACLS, PALS certification.
· CEN within 6 months of hire.
· Familiarity with electronic medical records systems.
· Competent in the use of Microsoft office to include Excel.
· Utilizes the appropriate leadership skills in directing, delegating and evaluating patient care practices.
· Applies management knowledge principles in order to comply with regulatory agencies, Federal, State and Hospital standards.
· Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities and directing the work of direct reports.
· Evaluates and verifies employees’ performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques.
· Identifies staff development and training needs and ensures that training is coordinated with the Clinical Educator.
· Assist the Clinical Educator to create and implement an annual skills day.
· Maintains records, prepares reports ad composes correspondence relative to the work.
· Develops, implements and evaluates nursing programs/activities, nursing care plans and objectives for the work area.
· Supervises and participates in the provision of services.
· Supervises triage and assessment of patient’s needs.
· Reviews documentation of patient care and systems of documentation.
· Serves as liaison between staff and other areas within the facility at large and as an advisor to other disciplines.
· Assesses needs for personnel, supplies, equipment and physical facilities for budget planning and continuous operation.
· Maintains up-to-date clinical practice.
· Ensures that nursing and EMS staff meet key performance metrics.
· Ensures compliance with budget.
Leadership role in the recruitment, interviews, selection and assurance of qualified personnel. Validates licensure as appropriate. Assures the orientation of the new employee and evaluates personnel performance. Provides coaching and discipline consistently and fairly. Works with Human Resources in disciplinary process. Facilitates the maximum utilization of personnel, while working with established staffing matrix. Assumes department responsibility for developing, implementing and evaluating a program of staff development for professional and support staff that includes competency assessment, orientation, in-services and continuing education.
Provides input into, implements, monitors and evaluates the department’s budgetary compliance to facilitate appropriate/effective allocation of all resources.
* This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
Competencies and Annual Requirements
AS REQUIRED FOR THE JOB:· Annual Skills Competencies · Annual Education· TB GOLD TEst· Hepatitis B –
RECOMMENDED· BLS, ACLS, PALS, TNCC, ENPC, NRP, CEN
Job Status: Full Time