Hospital Front Desk Associate/ Receptionist Part Time with Benefits
St. Vincent Hospital, located in Leadville, Colorado, is seeking a PT with Benefits Receptionist/Registrar.
We are a growing hospital looking for the right person to join our admissions team. Medical Insurance knowledge preferred. Accurate data entry is a must. You will be expected to greet patients with a smile, answer the phone politely, and respond to patient concerns in a timely fashion. Our patients are very important to us. We are a fast paced office, and need people whom are able to handle stress in a composed manner.
The duties of this part time on call position include but are not limited to:
- Greets patients,visitors, providers and employees in a cordial and professional manner
- Assists in meeting patients' and visitors' needs
- Directs people to appropriate areas
- Courteously answers telephone calls
- Assists patient in providing patient appointments with providers
- Directs patient calls to appropriate areas, or takes messages
- Proficient in Patient registration
- Accurate interview and registration of new patients
- Updates demographic and insurance of existing patients
- Collects, scans and verifies insurance information
- Obtains required signatures
- Collects co-payments, co-insurance and/or time of service payments at time of check-in
- Checks patients in via EMR system
- Proficient in EMR scheduling applications
- Schedules patients in EMR scheduling system, according to clinic guidelines and provider specifications
- Communicates and cooperates efficiently with the Billing Office, and Laboratory, Radiology departments, and other SVGH departments to meet the needs of the patient
- Keeps lobby in a neat and orderly condition at all times
- Computer literate to include Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word and insurance authorization (commercial and government) websites
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment; able to lift 30 pounds
- Other duties as assigned
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
St. Vincent Hospital is a drug free workplace. All offers of employment are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Interested applicants should send resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay: $14 to $16/hour
Generous benefits package available for this position.
Job Status: Part Time