Housekeeper - $2500 Bonus - Full Time
St. Vincent Hospital in Leadville, CO is seeking a full time housekeeper to join the team!
This position must provide a clean, sanitary, comfortable, orderly and satisfying surrounding for the patients, employees and public. The housekeeper promotes sanitary conditions which prevent the spread of infection and odors. She/he may be required to perform tasks, which involve exposure to visible blood contamination or reasonably anticipated blood contamination. The housekeeper must follow the required procedures for handling, cleaning, disposing, or moving of objects/materials and/or the clean-up of blood, infectious materials, or body fluids containing blood in accordance with the OSHA Blood-borne Pathogen Standard or St. Vincent Hospital Blood-borne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan.
- This is full time position includes full benefits package, with health, vision, dental, air med, life insurance, and retirement.
- As an "essential" position, will be required to work holidays, evenings, and various shifts as assigned. Must be flexible with scheduling demands.
- $2500 completion bonus available to employees after first full year of satisfactory employment!
- This is a healthcare facility. Pre-employment, post-offer drug screening is required for this position. Background, physical, and other pre-employment screenings will also be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates various mechanized cleaning equipment, such as vacuums, polishers, buffers, carpet cleaners, etc.
- Maintain facility in a sanitary and infection-free condition through washing, cleaning and replacement of equipment and furnishings.
- Requires working in damp, dusty and dirty areas. Must clean up human waste and other body fluids, as required.
- Responsible for disposal of trash, waste, and other disposable materials.
- Must handle various cleaning solvents, chemicals, etc. and comply with all regulations such as OSHA, EPA, State Health Department, etc.
- Plan work schedule for major tasks
- Damp dust furniture, light fixtures, window sills, etc.
- Empty trash containers daily.
- Wet mops floors in all residents’ rooms and bathrooms daily. Damp mop all corridor floors, lobby, dining areas, and others daily.
- Clean wash basins, mirrors, commodes, tubs, and showers daily.
- Check all vacant rooms daily to keep fresh.
- Clean all air vents and ceiling deflectors.
- Report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken window panes, missing nuts or screws, beds needing repair, etc.).
- Completely strip and recoat all floor areas when necessary and as scheduled.
- Check entire area for spills, water, etc. periodically, especially in residents’ bathrooms.
- Follow instructions on use of germicidal solutions to clean. All procedures for solution use will be part of the housekeeper's training.
- Use safety precautions in all housekeeping services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understand and integrate St. Vincent Hospital Mission, Vision and Core Values in all activities.
Interested applicants please submit resume, letter of interest, and three professional references to: email@example.com.
Pay: $14.50 to $16/hour
Job Status: Full Time