Maintenance Technician - Full Time
St. Vincent Hospital in Leadville, Colorado is seeking a full-time Maintenance Technician to work in conjunction with all Plant Operations personnel as well as other Departments to complete all work orders and assignments in a timely and efficient manner. Assists in the maintenance and upkeep of all equipment, furniture, machinery, and hardware throughout the facility.
Position Title Maintenance Technician
Classification Non-Exempt (Hourly)
This job description does not intend to list every function of the position. This position works in conjunction with all Plant Operations personnel as well as other Departments to complete all work orders and assignments in a timely and efficient manner. Assists in the maintenance and upkeep of all equipment, furniture, machinery, and hardware throughout the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Helps Plant Operations personnel in providing general maintenance to all areas of the facility, including painting, drywall repairs, staining, monitoring of key medical equipment, trash removal, document shredding, snow removal, and outside general grounds maintenance.
- Insures compliance with all applicable building, life safety and all fire safety codes as well as facility-wide policies and procedures.
- Operates all equipment effectively and efficiently.
- Assists in the documentation and testing of all fire safety related equipment including but not limited to fire extinguishers, eye wash stations, etc.
- Assists in the maintenance of all off site facilities.
- Works in conjunction with other departments to help assemble and move furniture.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality in all medical records matters.
- Promotes good relationships with other hospital departments in order to achieve optimal working conditions. Demonstrates flexibility and willingly accepts responsibility, notifying supervisor when additional work can be assumed.
- Receives, evaluates and discusses suggestions and constructive criticism in a professional manner.
On-going by Department Director. Must be able to perform productively during unsupervised time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be able to read, speak and write in English.
- Must be able to resolve problems and work independently.
Required Certificates, License, Registrations
High school graduate or GED equivalent.
Current valid Colorado Drivers’ License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to life a minimum of 90 pounds.
- Stands, stoops, kneels, climbs, and crawls while working or making repairs.
- Overhead lifting may be required for extended periods.
- Vision and hearing correctable to normal range for performance of maintenance duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This position interacts with:
- Extremely high and low working temperatures including outside work during severe weather.
- Exposure to hazardous waste and chemicals.
- Exposure to loud machinery and equipment noise.
- Working in extremely dusty, dark and confined areas.
- Subject to weekend, holiday and on-call duty throughout the month.
To apply for this position please submit a current resume or complete a St. Vincent employment application (www.svghd.org/careers) and submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay: $18 to $25/hour
This is a Non-Exempt (Hourly) position
Job Status: Full Time