MT or MLT - Full-Time - Leadville, CO
St. Vincent Hospital, located in Leadville, Colorado, is seeking a full time MLT or MT (weekday nights), to join our Laboratory team. St. Vincent Hospital is a Critical Access Hospital serving Lake County and surrounding areas. For more information on the hospital, please visit our website at www.svghd.org.
Collects, prepares and performs a variety of routine laboratory tests, from waived to moderate complexity. Assists with department procedures, including quality assurance, proficiency testing, calibrations, and completes related laboratory duties. Demonstrates a commitment to customer satisfaction, professionalism, and safety. Performs laboratory testing and reporting in a prompt, accurate, and reliable manner under the philosophy, policies, and procedures established by the facility and the department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND WORK ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects and prepares biological specimens for analyses using appropriate techniques and maintains the integrity of the specimen in relation to the test being performed.
- Performs all applicable testing with quality, speed, and accuracy according to established protocols and procedures.
- Evaluates specimen integrity and ascertains suitability for testing.
- Performs test analysis and reports test results in a timely manner meeting the expectations of physicians.
- Ensures prompt reporting of patient results for assigned department. Investigates problems involving collection, result reporting, and turn-around-time.
- Organizes department workload for maximum efficiency.
- Evaluates and interprets test results according to individual test specifications, performing necessary calculations; applies laboratory results to disease and/or patient therapy.
- Ensures initial calibration and standardization of equipment by applying criteria of acceptable functions and performance limits (i.e., precision, reproducibility, accuracy).
- Answers telephone promptly and courteously, identifying self and section. Demonstrates good judgment in directing phone calls/questions to appropriate section.
- Ensures smooth transition of duties within current shift and for oncoming shift by receiving pertinent information and conveying to other Healthcare personnel accurately and efficiently.
- Demonstrates the willingness and ability to instruct other staff.
- Schedule is weekday nights (with shift differentials).
- $2500 bonus payable after one year.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Associates degree in Related Field
Certification – MLT or MT
Experience - 1+ years of Laboratory Experience
Education - Bachelor’s degree in Related Field
Certification – MT or CLS - American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Achieve your personal and professional best in the rugged alpine setting and soaring mountain peaks of Leadville and Lake County, Colorado. This is where world–class athletes train and compete, vacationers seek adventure and families make lasting memories.
Combine small-town mountain life, bountiful outdoor recreation and western history, with the convenience that proximity to larger towns offers, and you have a glimpse of daily life in Lake County, Colorado.
Located only 1 hour and 45 minutes from Denver, and a short distance south of Interstate-70 on Hwy. 91 (from Copper Mountain) or Hwy. 24 (from Vail), Leadville is within an easy drive of many of Colorado’s ski resorts.
This rural hospital boasts competitive pay and benefits. A highly trained medical staff delivering medical services in the following areas: 24/7 Emergency Department and Ambulance, Acute Care, Primary Care Clinic, Laboratory, Radiology, Physical Therapy and visiting specialist clinics.
Learn more about St. Vincent Hospital at www.leadvillehospital.org.
To apply for this position please submit a Letter of Interest, Resume, and at least 3 current professional references. Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com