Occupational Therapist - PRN
Position Title PRN Occupational Therapist
Reports To Chief Nursing Officer & Clinical Operations Manager
St. Vincent Hospital is looking for part time on call Occupational therapist to join their busy Leadville healthcare facility.
Occupational therapists duties include:
- Observe patients doing tasks, ask them questions, and review their medical history
- Evaluate a patient's medical conditions and functional abilities
- Develop a treatment plan for patients, laying out the types of activities and specific goals to be accomplished
- Help people with various disabilities with different tasks, such as leading an autistic child in play activities
- Demonstrate exercises—for example, joint stretches for arthritis relief—that can help relieve pain for people with chronic conditions
- Evaluate a patient’s home or workplace and, based on the patient’s health needs, identify potential improvements, such as labeling kitchen cabinets for an older person with poor memory
- Educate a patient’s family and employer about how to accommodate and care for the patient
- Recommend special equipment, such as wheelchairs and eating aids, and instruct patients on how to use that equipment
- Assess and record patients’ activities and progress for patient evaluations, for billing, and for reporting to physicians and other healthcare providers
- Other duties as assigned
Occupational therapists need at least a master’s degree in occupational therapy; some therapists have a doctoral degree. Occupational therapists also must be licensed or registered.
Licenses, Certifications, and Registrations
National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapists (NBCOT).
Additional certifications from American Occupational Therapy Association preferred.
Interested applicants please submit resume, letter of interest, 3 professional references and copies of certifications to email@example.com.
At an elevation of 10,152 feet above sea level in Lake County, Colorado, Leadville is the highest incorporated city in the United States of America. Located approximately 100 miles west of Denver, Leadville and Lake County are noted for alpine scenery, year-round recreation and the charms of small-town life.
Only a 1 hour and 45-minute drive from Denver, and a short distance south of Interstate-70 on Hwy. 91 (from Copper Mountain) or Hwy. 24 (from Vail), Leadville is within an easy drive of many of Colorado’s world-class ski resorts.
Lake County, Leadville and Twin Lakes, Colorado are rich in history from the boom and bust mining days in Colorado. The charming, historic mountain towns nestled among the highest peaks in Colorado, are surrounded by vast public lands, pristine rivers, numerous reservoirs, and ski areas where recreation abounds.
Many infamous characters lived in or passed through Leadville, such as Baby Doe, Horace Tabor, Doc Holliday and the “Unsinkable” Molly Brown.
Lake County is home to approximately 8,000 residents who primarily live in Leadville and Twin Lakes. This number grows significantly in peak tourism seasons. From longtime locals with families that are rooted in our mining history, to new citizens who are inspired by our rugged small town atmosphere, St. Vincent Hospital excels at meeting the diverse healthcare needs of a population that changes with the seasons.