Patient Care Technician - $1500 Bonus - FT or PT w/Benefits
St. Vincent Hospital in Leadville, CO is looking for full time and part time with benefits Patient Care Technician.
Come be part of a growing organization that works hard and plays hard in the Rockies!
· Performs direct and indirect patient care in collaboration with RN or Provider.
· Assumes responsibility and accountability for facilitating, communicating and collaborating with the team to meet the physical and emotional needs of the patient.
· Orders, receives, and stocks supplies for the department/unit, maintaining PAR levels.
· Manages equipment outdates.
· Assists other aspects of clinical operations, as directed.
· Assists support staff with filing, medical records and other daily tasks as assigned.
MINIMUM education requirements
· High School Diploma or GED Minimum Experience Requirements
MINIMUM work experience requirements
· One year healthcare experience (pre-hospital, ED and/or patient care) preferred
· Basic computer skills: Word, Excel
· Current Colorado Emergency Medical Technician-Basic with IV Certification
· Licensed PCT, Certified Nursing Assistant, or
· Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for HealthCare Providers certification required from American Heart
· Familiarity with electronic medical records systems and basic management software preferred.
Position duties (essential functions)
· Uses Acute Care Unit Guidelines of care, hospital policies/procedures and regulatory guidelines to guide work within scope of practice.
· The PCT is responsible for reporting unusual symptoms, observations, patient requests and/or their families’ requests.
· The PCT shall identify safety needs of patients and answer call lights promptly.
· Performs a variety of technical tasks (i.e. IV insertion, splinting, wound care, etc.) as directed by the RN or provider according to established policies, procedures, scope of practice and care standards to provide quality patient care within hospital and/or department guidelines.
· Provides patient-centered care with sensitivity and respect for the human experience in a collaboration with other team members.
· Assists care team in achieving daily patient and family goals, to include ADL’s.
· Leaves patient care area neat, tidy, and stocked with necessary supplies at the end of each shift.
· Communicates concerns regarding hazards or errors related to patients to the health care team.
· Demonstrates effective use of clinical strategies to insure patient and associate safety.
· Uses Situation, Background, Assessment, and Recommendation (SBAR) communication techniques.
· Collaborates with m health care team regarding plan of care, follow-up and evaluation for the patient and family.
· Accurately and timely documents all tasks, observations, and procedures performed on the patient record according to medical and legal standards.
· Maintains thorough and confidential maintenance of patient charts and records.
· Communicates with colleagues and allied personnel regarding patient care to maintain continuity of care between departments and care providers.
· Facilitates room turnover between patients, stocking, and exchanging oxygen tanks in the Acute Care Unit.
· Ensures work environment and patient rooms are neat and free of clutter.
· Assists with tracking equipment such as monitors, gurneys, wheelchairs, etc.
· Effectively uses time, personnel, equipment and supplies to provide high quality, cost effective patient care and monitoring.
· Consistently demonstrates flexibility as evidenced by floating to other areas and is agreeable to work flexible schedules including weekends, holidays, evening and night hours as necessary to meet the needs of the patients and department.
· Uses standards of care, hospital policies/procedures and regulatory guidelines to guide work.
· Assists with quality improvement, safety and regulatory functions as directed. Participates in process change to improve practice.
· Assists in training other PCTs, volunteers, students and other hospital personnel.
· Adapts to rapidly changing technology by competency in technology and equipment used in the patient care setting.
· Demonstrates effective time management and is proactive in prioritizing workload and meeting productivity requirements.
BONUS of $1500 paid out as follows: $750 at 6 months and $750 at one year!
Eligible applicants can submit their resume, letter of interest, and list of professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Pay: $15 to $18/hour
Includes benefits and nights/weekend differentials
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time