Payroll Specialist/Administrative Coordinator - Leadville, Colorado
St. Vincent Hospital in Leadville, Colorado is seeking an experienced and qualified Payroll Specialist/Administrative Coordinator. This is a full time position, and includes a great benefits package. This position requires a high maturity level, superb attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple projects at once for a busy (and growing!) medical facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- CEO Email and Calendar Management as delineated
- Sets up invites in accordance with email communications and CEO direction
- Scans email for “to do” items
- Anticipates need to create calendar invites and work with stakeholders to set these up
- Seeks immediate attention items and notifies the CEO accordingly
- Responds to low level CEO emails when appropriate
- Scans for contracts and documents that require signatures
- May prepare BOD documents and packets when directed by CEO
- Reviews BOD documents for spelling and accuracy as directed by CEO
- Serves as The Board Secretary if this need arises and as directed by the CEO
- Serves and assists the Board of Directors, role is not to attempt to influence board decisions, outcomes or policy
- Facilitates BOD meetings and assists with ensuring proper format and adherence to BOD rules and bylaws when directed by CEO
- Fields emails from the BOD and Board Attorney, responds after collaborating with the CEO
- Prepares conference spaces and virtual conference tools for meetings, including the BOD meetings
- Ensures that applications such as GoToMeeting are operational prior to the meeting (Set up at least 20 mins in advance)
- Assists with phone calls, retrieve VM’s from CEO email. Also, accept calls forwarded from the CEO Line
- Prepares documents as requested by the CEO
- Creates Agendas and prepares minutes for meetings as directed by the CEO
- Assists with “special projects” as directed by the CEO
- Regularly communicates status of work output to the CEO
- Keeps all company communications confidential as this position is privileged to sensitive proprietary information, infringement will be grounds for immediate termination
- Maintains the executive administrative office space to include answering the telephone, filing, sorting mail, record keeping, communications, scheduling, minute/note taking and the coordination of activities and calendars
- Organizes, secures and assures the confidentiality of all files to include administrative files, minutes, contracts, and medical staff credentials
- Prepares and maintains the Executive Leadership calendar
- Takes and prepares minutes of meetings as assigned by the CEO
- Organizes Policy and Procedure and Policy Steering Committee including; agenda, policy edits, policy signatures and placing policies in company share drive
- Maintains hospital contracts both in hard copy and electronic form including; payer contracts, vendor contracts and business associate agreements (BAA)
- Facilitates annual contract review activity and tracks progress
- Assists the Controller with payroll and check printing duties
- Will be accountable to facilitating the biweekly payroll processes as directed by the Controller.
- May be required to post financial transactions as directed by the Controller.
- Physically deposits checks into hospital accounts as directed by the Controller.
- Occasionally prepares correspondence and responds to requests for information as directed by the CEO
- Performs data collection and prepares reports and spreadsheets as directed by the CEO
- Maintains constant communication with the CEO and Executive Leadership Team
- Maintains professional conduct at all times
- Adheres to ALL company policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned.
On-going by CEO.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reads and Speaks English proficiently.
- High level of Verbal and Written communication skills.
- Numerical ordering processes.
- Ability to accurately perform basic accounting arithmetic.
- Process of elimination.
- Data ordering.
- Appropriate application of policies, procedures, regulations and verbal instruction.
Required Certificates, License, Registrations
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- One year related healthcare experience preferred.
- Five years administrative assistant/support experience preferred.
- 2+ years payroll experience preferred.
- Experience or certification with Microsoft applications including Word preferred.
Qualified applicants, please submit your current resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Christin at email@example.com.
(Internal SVGHD applicants must be employed a minimum of 90 days to be considered for this position.)
Pay: $18 to $24/hour
Pay range based on experience, education, or a combination of both
Job Status: Full Time