PRN Speech-Language Pathologist
St. Vincent Hospital in Leadville, CO is looking for a Part Time on Call (PRN) Speech-Language Pathologist to rotate between patients in ACU/Swingbed/ER departments. This position will report to the Chief Nursing Officer and Clinical Operations Manager.
- Communicate with patients to evaluate their levels of speech or language difficulty
- Determine the extent of communication problems by having a patient complete basic reading and vocalizing tasks or by giving standardized tests
- Identify treatment options
- Create and carry out an individualized treatment plan
- Teach patients how to make sounds and improve their voices
- Teach alternative communication methods, such as sign language, to patients with little or no speech capability
- Work with patients to improve their ability to read and write correctly
- Work with patients to develop and strengthen the muscles used to swallow
- Counsel patients and families on how to cope with communication disorders
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Certifications required:
- Masters in Speech Pathology from CAA accredited program
- Colorado License in Speech Pathology
Interested applicants should direct questions and resume materials (including resume, cover letter, and list of 3 professional references) to Christin at email@example.com.
Pay: $40 to $42/hour
Dependent on education and experience
Job Status: Part Time,On Call