PRN Ultrasound Technologist - Leadville, CO - St. Vincent Hospital
St. Vincent Hospital in Leadville, CO, is looking for a Part Time on Call Ultrasound Technologist.
The position is responsible for a wide variety of professional technical Ultrasound procedures. To obtain diagnostic Ultrasound medical images as required by State and Federal Regulations while providing quality images for interpretation by Providers and Radiologists. Demonstration of normal and abnormal anatomical variants for patients of St. Vincent General Hospital.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies knowledge and principles of Ultrasound technology in performance of all procedures and the provision of quality patient care.
- Verifies necessary documentation is present for execution of provider ordered tests and documents patient information thoroughly per facility policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area and examination rooms.
- Demonstrations accountability and accepts responsibility for having a constant awareness of assigned patient’s overall condition.
- Promotes positive interpersonal relationship and demonstrates effective communicant skills to solve problems, to carry out hospital policies and procedures and to coordinate patient care.
- Maintains effective communication with personnel and medical staff through regular conferences and meetings.
- Applies information learned during informative learning sessions and effectively teaches other pertinent information.
- Accepts work assignments as delegated by supervisor.
- Accepts responsibility for solving interpersonal conflicts, reports conflicts which cannot be resolved and require intervention by a Supervisor.
- Actively contributes to a pleasant work environment. Maintains composure under stress and utilizes appropriate resources to cope with stressful situations.
- Actively participates in staff meetings by identifying concerns or problems.
- Demonstrates patience and tact when dealing with patients, families, physicians, and other healthcare team members. Communicates and interacts with patient’s family in a way that is perceived by the family as positive and supportive.
- Promotes own professional growth and demonstrates professional conduct in regards to the Imaging Department and facility and professional relationships.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Utilizes allotted continuing education hours, documents in-service records; presents in-services to peers after attending out of house seminars paid for by the facility.
- Demonstrates knowledge and responsibility for the implementation and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Assesses own limitations and learning needs and seeks educational and learning experiences in areas of identified growth needs. Develops short and long term goals and initiates a plan for completion.
- Demonstrates flexibility in working hours and schedules in order to meet the needs of the Imaging Department.
- Participates in orientation and supervision of staff, students and PRN employees. Identifies and documents as requested the new employee’s strengths and weaknesses for communication to the Supervisor.
- Remains current with industry changes and information. Maintains certification in designated skills as defined by Colorado
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to policies and procedures of Vincent General Hospital.
- Maintains confidentiality in all health information matters.
- Promotes good relationships with other hospital departments in order to achieve optimal working conditions. Demonstrates flexibility and willingly accepts responsibility, notifying supervisor when additional work can be assumed.
- Receives, evaluates and discusses suggestions and constructive criticism in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. To perform the job successfully the employee must demonstrate an accuracy and consistency in knowledge of equipment operations, techniques, positioning, basic patient care and department procedures.
- Verbal and written communications.
- Proficient use and understanding of medical terminology.
- Appropriate application of policies, procedures, regulations and verbal instruction.
- Ability to cope with stressful situations and maintain communication skills throughout times of stress.
Required Certificates, License, Registrations
- Graduate of an approved school of Diagnostic Medical Sonography and be registered the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers in one or more specialty area.
- Sub-specialty qualifications may be required for Mammography and Ultrasound as defined by facility policy from time to time and dictated by scheduled work hours and locations.
- Demonstrate initiative to stay current with technological changes affecting the radiology field.
- Prefer one year imaging department experience.
Pay: $30 to $37/hour
Job Status: On Call