Ultrasound Technologist - FT- Leadville, CO - Sign on bonus $1,000.00!
St. Vincent Hospital in Leadville, CO, is looking for a full-time (with some weekend days and weeknight/weekend call) Ultrasound Technologist. This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus of $1,000.00 as well as a 1-year retention bonus of $2,500.00!
The position is responsible for a wide variety of professional technical Ultrasound procedures. To obtain diagnostic Ultrasound medical images as required by State and Federal Regulations while providing quality images for interpretation by Radiologists. Demonstration of normal and abnormal anatomical variants for patients of St. Vincent General Hospital.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. To perform the job successfully the employee must demonstrate an accuracy and consistency in knowledge of equipment operations, techniques, positioning, basic patient care and department procedures.
- Verbal and written communications.
- Proficient use and understanding of medical terminology.
- Appropriate application of policies, procedures, regulations and verbal instruction.
- Ability to cope with stressful situations and maintain communication skills throughout times of stress.
Required Certificates, License, Registrations
- Graduate of an CAAHEP accredited school of Diagnostic Medical Sonography and be registered the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) in ABD, OB, and RVT.
- Sub-specialty qualifications may be required for other modalities as defined by facility policy from time to time and dictated by scheduled work hours and locations.
- Demonstrate initiative to stay current with technological changes affecting the imaging field.
- Prefer one year imaging department experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work is 95% standing and walking with considerable stooping, bending and strain on back and legs.
- Ability to lift, transfer, and assist diverse patient including lifting and pushing weight in excess of 100 pounds when lifting patients or moving equipment. Lifting may be frequent and repetitive throughout.
- Travel throughout facility including stairs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This position interacts with Medical Staff, Hospital Staff, patients and their families, and governmental agencies.
- Clinical setting with frequent exposure to communicable disease and infection and possible exposure to radiation, chemical and electrical hazards.
- Mental and physical stress is commonplace with very busy schedules often requiring extra hours and on-call time. Stress is also frequent due to patient and physician demands.
- Call is required.
Interested applicants, please send resume, professional references, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.